Euro zone economic sentiment jumps in October
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
The European Union flag is seen flying, at the border of Gibraltar with Spain, in the British overseas territory of Gibraltar, June 27, 2016. REUTERS/Jon Nazca
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Euro zone economic sentiment was much better than expected in October driven by higher optimism in industry and services, a monthly European Commission survey showed on Friday.
The Commission said the economic sentiment indicator rose to 106.3 in October from 104.9 in September, well above market expectations of a small decline to 104.8.
Separately, the business climate indicator also calculated by the Commission, rose to 0.55 from 0.44 in September, its highest reading since July 2011.
Selling price expectations among manufacturers rose sharply to 3.2 points in October from 0.0 in September and -0.8 in August, coming closer to the long-term average of 4.7.
Among consumers however, inflation expectations over the next 12 months remained subdued, easing to 4.3 in October from 4.7 in September and remaining well below the long-term average of 19.
(Reporting By Jan Strupczewski; editing by Philip Blenkinsop)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- EU launches new investigation into Chinese steel imports
- China to launch direct yuan trading with seven currencies
- Brexit minister 'not really interested' in transitional Brexit deal: FT says