Euro zone Aug industry output rises to offset fully July decline
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Euro zone industrial production rose by slightly more than expected in August on a monthly basis, fully recovering from a fall in July, figures released by the European Union statistics office showed on Wednesday.
Eurostat said industrial production in the 19-member single currency bloc in August increased by 1.6 percent during the month and by 1.8 percent year-on-year.
The readings were above the average forecasts of a 1.5 percent monthly increase and a 1.1 percent year-on-year improvement in a Reuters poll of economists.
Euro zone output therefore offset a revised 0.7 percent fall in July and continued a six-month pattern in which declines in one month are followed by increases the following month.
The monthly increase of production in August was broadly spread, except for non-durable consumer goods, such as clothes, for which output was down 0.6 percent.
The strongest increase was of 4.3 percent in the month for durable consumer goods, such as cars or fridges, followed by capital goods, such as machinery, which rose 3.5 percent.
Energy production was up 3.3 percent and output of intermediate goods was 1.4 percent higher.
(Reporting By Philip Blenkinsop; editing by Alastair Macdonald)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. funds downbeat on AT&T even before Time Warner deal
- AT&T aims to break from streaming crowd with Time Warner
- Clinton warns supporters against complacency in U.S. election
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesIndustrial Production
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!