EpiPen maker Mylan hires banks for debut euro bond
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
FILE PHOTO -- EpiPen auto-injection epinephrine pens manufactured by Mylan NV pharmaceutical company for use by severe allergy sufferers are seen in Washington, U.S. August 24, 2016. REUTERS/Jim Bourg/File Photo
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
By Michael Turner
LONDON (IFR) - Mylan has hired banks for a euro-denominated multi-tranche debut euro bond, a day after the under-fire drugmaker announced it would launch a generic version of its EpiPen allergy injection at half the price.
The company has mandated Deutsche Bank, Citigroup, ING and JP Morgan to host a series of investor meetings in Europe from September 7-9.
The company has been under pressure from US lawmakers and presidential candidate Hillary Clinton for increasing the price of a two-cartridge EpiPen set from around US$100 in 2008 to US$600 today.
"That's outrageous," Clinton said in a statement on her website. "It's just the latest troubling example of a company taking advantage of its consumers."
Mylan bosses have sought to deflect some of the criticism by announcing on Monday the impending release of a generic version of the drug, which will be sold at US$300.[nL3N1BA37U]
The Reg S benchmark transaction will be issued by Mylan NV and guaranteed by Mylan Inc.
While this will be Mylan NV's first foray into the euro bond market, the issuer has US$11.43bn of debt outstanding, almost all in US dollars, according to Thomson Reuters data.
Mylan is rated Baa3 by Moody's and BBB- by S&P and Fitch, all with stable outlooks.
(Reporting by Michael Turner, Editing by Helene Durand, Julian Baker)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Qatar, Abu Dhabi, Chinese Investor Said Open to Deutsche Bank (DB) Stake - Manager Mag.
- Second wind for stocks as earnings turn positive
- Police cleared in shooting death of Minneapolis black man
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, JPMorgan, Citi
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!