Eight, including toddler, hurt in Baltimore shooting
- Major stock indexes rise again to new records
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Insys Therapeutics (INSY) Sinks as Former Employees Arrested in Racketeering Scheme
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Eight people, including a three-year-old girl, were hurt in a shooting that Baltimore police called an act of "retaliatory violence" on Saturday night, authorities said.
A spokesman of the Baltimore Police Department told reporters at a news conference that the shooting appeared to be in response to a fatal shooting on Labor Day that left one person dead and others injured.
Police said the attack was "planned" and involved three shooters, two with handguns and one with a long gun that seemed to be a shotgun. Police said all the eight victims were expected to recover from their injuries.
Further details were not immediately available on the shooting or identities of the shooters.
A separate shooting in Baltimore on Saturday left two people with non-life-threatening injuries, police said.
(Reporting by Curtis Skinner in San Francisco; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Greece to pay out benefit to low income pensioners - PM
- U.S. SEC enforcement director Ceresney to depart at the end of 2016
- Brazilian squatters offer shelter from anti-gay violence
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!