Eight, including toddler, hurt in Baltimore shooting
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Eight people, including a three-year-old girl, were hurt in a shooting that Baltimore police called an act of "retaliatory violence" on Saturday night, authorities said.
A spokesman of the Baltimore Police Department told reporters at a news conference that the shooting appeared to be in response to a fatal shooting on Labor Day that left one person dead and others injured.
Police said the attack was "planned" and involved three shooters, two with handguns and one with a long gun that seemed to be a shotgun. Police said all the eight victims were expected to recover from their injuries.
Further details were not immediately available on the shooting or identities of the shooters.
A separate shooting in Baltimore on Saturday left two people with non-life-threatening injuries, police said.
(Reporting by Curtis Skinner in San Francisco; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- China regulator tells banks to boost property loans risk management
- California lawmaker sentenced to over 3 years in corruption case
- Pennsylvania college faculty ends strike after tentative deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!