Egypt's supply minister confirms he is leaving his post
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's Minister of Supply Khaled Hanafi confirmed his resignation to the cabinet in an announcement aired on state television on Thursday.
Hanafi's resignation comes amid a high-profile corruption probe into whether millions of dollars intended to subsidize farmers were used to purchase wheat that did not exist.
The Ministry of Supply is in charge of Egypt's massive food subsidy program.
(Reporting By Maha El Dahan and Asma Alsharif; editing by Susan Thomas)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sanaa air raids resume as Yemen truce expires: residents
- Spain's Socialists seen clearing the way for end to political deadlock
- Cubs to meet Indians in World Series
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!