Egypt's supply minister confirms he is leaving his post
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's Minister of Supply Khaled Hanafi confirmed his resignation to the cabinet in an announcement aired on state television on Thursday.
Hanafi's resignation comes amid a high-profile corruption probe into whether millions of dollars intended to subsidize farmers were used to purchase wheat that did not exist.
The Ministry of Supply is in charge of Egypt's massive food subsidy program.
(Reporting By Maha El Dahan and Asma Alsharif; editing by Susan Thomas)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Trump 'won't be worse than Obama,' says Venezuela's president
- Quake of magnitude 5.7 strikes off Vanuatu: USGS
- Deutsche Boerse-LSE merger make markets healthier: Blackrock
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!