Egypt sacks heads of silos company, internal trade development
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall St. slips on earnings; Apple results due
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- Panera Bread (PNRA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Raises Outlook
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt's new supply minister has sacked the chairman of the Egyptian Holding Company for Silos and Storage and the head of the country's internal trade development agency, the official MENA news agency said on Sunday.
The minister, Major General Mohamed El-Sheikh, said the changes were intended to bring in new blood to develop and drive forward the ministry's companies and departments.
Sheikh was appointed earlier this month after his predecessor Khaled Hanafi stepped down under pressure from parliament, which has launched an investigation into allegations that millions of dollars intended to subsidize farmers were used to purchase more wheat on paper than was found in silos.
(Reporting by Mostafa Hashem, Writing by Lin Noueihed; Editing by Toby Chopra)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- American Paul Beatty's race satire wins Man Booker Prize
- Getting North Korea to give up nuclear bomb probably 'lost cause': U.S. spy chief
- Yahoo scanning order unlikely to be made public: sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!