Earthquake hits Greek coast near Kalamata, no damage reported
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Reuters) - A magnitude 5 earthquake hit the Greek coast 34 km (21 miles) south southwest of Kalamata on Wednesday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
"No damage was reported ... Children are of course out in the school yards," Panayiotis Nikas, the mayor of the southern city, told Reuters. The quake struck at a depth of 10km, at 10.17 a.m. local time (0717 GMT), the USGS said.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- China tightens party loyalty requirements in sensitive year
- Electricity outage disrupts train services in Amsterdam and surroundings
- General Motors to announce $1 billion in U.S. investment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!