EU's Moscovici on Brexit: all four freedoms work together
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
A European Union flag is waved over a statue of former Prime Minister Winston Churchill as demonstrators protest during a "March for Europe" against the Brexit vote result earlier in the year, in London, Britain, September 3, 2016. REUTERS/Luke MacGregor
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
PRAGUE (Reuters) - The four freedoms that underpin the European Union's internal market work together, EU Economic and Financial Affairs Commissioner Pierre Moscovici said on Friday when asked about negotiations with Britain about trade arrangements after its planned exit from the EU.
He said Britain would remain a full and respected member of the EU until the exit date.
Speaking at a conference in Bratislava, Moscovici reiterated there would be no negotiations on the terms of future relations before formal exit talks start next year.
The four freedoms guarantee free movement of people, goods, services and capital. Britain is looking to restrict the movement of workers while securing easy access to the EU's market.
(Reporting by Jan Lopatka and Tataina Jancarikova)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- About 40 cars in pile-up on interstate highway northwest of Detroit
- Trump likely to name Exxon CEO secretary of state -source
- Egypt received inflows of $1 billion in month since currency float: central bank