EU extends LSE-Deutsche Boerse merger review until March 6
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave cables to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
The plaque of the Deutsche Boerse AG is pictured at the entrance of the Frankfurt stock exchange February 1, 2012. REUTERS/Alex Domanski/File Photo
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - EU antitrust regulators have extended their review of the proposed $28 billion merger between of Deutsche Boerse
The European Commission delayed its decision on the deal by 15 working days to March 6, 2017, from Feb. 13.
"We extended the deadline at the request of the parties," Commission spokesman Ricardo Cardoso said in an email.
The EU antitrust authority last month warned the companies that their deal may hurt competition in a broad range of financial market activities. [nL8N1C43XX]
LSE plans to hive off the French half of its LCH.Clearnet arm in a bid to ease EU concerns about the deal although the companies have not formally submitted any concessions to the Commission.
Pan-European bourse Euronext (NYSE: ENX), which opposes the Deutsche Boerse merger with the LSE, said this week it was the "natural buyer" for Clearnet, but not at any price. [nL8N1CO43P]
Deutsche Boerse had no comment and LSE had no immediate comment on the extension.
(Reporting by Foo Yun Chee and Huw Jones; editing by Philip Blenkinsop and Jason Neely)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bats Global Market (BATS) Stockholders Approve Merger Agreement with CBOE (CBOE)
- Quarter of Republicans would keep Obamacare: Reuters/Ipsos poll
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) to Acquire SimpliVity for $650M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!