ECB to unveil guidelines for banks to work down bad debt: Nouy
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - The European Central Bank will soon unveil proposed guidelines for banks to work down their pile of bad debt but expects the process for reducing non-performing loans to be lengthy, ECB bank supervisor Daniele Nouy said on Wednesday.
"ECB Banking Supervision will shortly launch a consultation on guidance for banks on dealing with their non-performing loans," Nouy told a conference in Bratislava on Wednesday. "The guidance provides recommendations to banks and sets out a number of best practices we have identified."
"The guidance constitutes the ECB’s supervisory expectations and serves as a basis for supervisors to evaluate how banks handle NPLs," she added.
(Reporting by Balazs Koranyi)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Too soon to say if Italy needs fresh measures to curb deficit: minister
- Senior Canada military officer suspended from duty, no reason given
- Exclusive: Brazil's Temer says unemployment, not graft probe, biggest worry
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesEuropean Central Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!