ECB policy very effective, Draghi tells MEP
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
European Central Bank (ECB) President Mario Draghi addresses the European Parliament's Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee in Brussels, Belgium November 28, 2016. REUTERS/Yves Herman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - The European Central Bank's monetary policy is proving to be "very effective" and the bank will review its policy stance in December, ECB President Mario Draghi said in a letter to a Member of European Parliament.
"We have ample evidence that our measures have substantially eased the borrowing conditions of firms and households, strengthened credit creation and, hence, supported the momentum of the euro area’s economic recovery," Draghi said.
"The Governing Council remains committed to preserving the very substantial degree of monetary accommodation which is necessary to secure a sustained convergence of inflation toward levels below, but close to, 2 percent over the medium term."
(Reporting by Balazs Koranyi; Editing by Francesco Canepa)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Former U.S. President George H.W. Bush's health improves
- Iran rescuers find three bodies at collapsed building, hopes for survivors fade
- Trump son-in-law Kushner cleared to serve as White House adviser: NY Times
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesEuropean Central Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!