ECB needs help from other policy areas as 'lower bound' looms
- Wall Street falls as post-election winners lag
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) Q4 Comps Rise 3.1%; Guides Q4 Above the Street
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - The European Central Bank's monetary stimulus needs to be complemented by action in other policy areas as the ECB is already operating near a "lower bound" where interest rates cannot be cut any farther, bank president Mario Draghi said on Wednesday.
Calling for more academic research into the interplay between policies, Mario Draghi said: "To my mind it is increasingly evident that, when we operate near the lower bound, such interactions are heightened."
(Reporting By Francesco Canepa)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Obama commutes sentence of intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning
- University of California's Napolitano hospitalized during cancer treatment
- Quarter of Republicans would keep Obamacare: Reuters/Ipsos poll
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesEuropean Central Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!