ECB needs help from other policy areas as 'lower bound' looms
- World stocks hold near 16-month highs after strong week
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Oil edges higher on optimism over non-OPEC output cuts
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - The European Central Bank's monetary stimulus needs to be complemented by action in other policy areas as the ECB is already operating near a "lower bound" where interest rates cannot be cut any farther, bank president Mario Draghi said on Wednesday.
Calling for more academic research into the interplay between policies, Mario Draghi said: "To my mind it is increasingly evident that, when we operate near the lower bound, such interactions are heightened."
(Reporting By Francesco Canepa)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Over 1,000 Russian athletes benefited from conspiracy to conceal doping: McLaren report
- Ohio lawmakers approve college campus concealed-carry bill
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesEuropean Central Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!