ECB has no set timeline to include Greece in QE: Draghi
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
European Central Bank (ECB) president Mario Draghi attends a news conference at the ECB headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany, July 21, 2016. REUTERS/Ralph Orlowski/File Photo
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - The European Central Bank cannot yet specify a timeline to include Greece in its 80-billion-euro ($89-billion) a month asset purchase program, ECB President Mario Draghi said in a letter to European lawmaker published on Wednesday.
Greece needs to pass an ECB debt sustainability analysis before it can be included but measures to cut its debt pile are still under consideration, making the analysis difficult.
"A precise timeline for the possible purchase of marketable instruments issued or guaranteed by the Hellenic Republic under the PSPP (Public Sector Purchase Programme) cannot be specified at the current juncture," Draghi said.
(Reporting by Balazs Koranyi; Editing by Louise Ireland)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Philippines' Duterte takes aim at Macau casino boss
- Britain fines Pfizer record $107 million for huge drug price hike
- Turkish air strikes kill 23 Islamic State militants in Syria's al-Bab region- army
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesEuropean Central Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!