ECB and Fed can respond to any shock from Trump win: Jazbec
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Bostjan Jazbec, Slovenia's central bank governor, speaks during an interview in Ljubljana December 13, 2013. REUTERS/Srdjan Zivulovic/File photo
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BRDO PRI KRANJU, Slovenia (Reuters) - The European Central Bank and the Federal Reserve can respond to any economic shock stemming from Donald Trump's surprise election as U.S. president, ECB rate setter Bostjan Jazbec said on Wednesday.
"I believe the U.S. central bank and the ECB are able to suitably respond to any possible shocks following the U.S. elections," the Slovenian governor said when asked how the vote would influence the global growth outlook.
(Reporting By Marja Novak; Writing by Francesco Canepa; Editing by Hugh Lawson)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Conflict over Russia is rocky start for Trump and intelligence agencies
- U.N. Security Council condemns Gambia's Jammeh, urges restraint