Dozens injured after porch collapses in Connecticut
- Futures fall on Brexit worries, Trump's dollar comments
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - Dozens of people were injured on Saturday after a porch crowded with partygoers collapsed in Hartford near Trinity College, authorities said.
Between 30 and 40 people were being treated for injuries, none of which appeared to be major, Hartford Police Department Deputy Chief Brian Foley said in postings on social network Twitter.
Police and fire responders were aiding the injured. The Hartford Courant newspaper reported that 23 people had been taken to hospitals.
"We are very lucky that there were no fatalities and no known critical injuries from what could have been a truly tragic incident," Mayor Luke Bronin said in a statement.
The collapse took place during an off-campus party at private housing near Trinity College, Foley said. The third-floor porch collapsed onto the second-floor one, which then fell to the first floor.
Foley posted pictures showing the exterior of a 3-story house with the three porches sheared off.
(Reporting by Chris Michaud; Editing by Clarence Fernandez and Richard Pullin)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Investor worries over Trump, U.S. policy on the rise: BAML
- British PM May sets out plans for Brexit
- Chinese leader pushes back against Trump on free trade
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!