Dozens hurt at Snoop Dogg concert in New Jersey as railing collapses
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Wiz Khalifa performs at Arena stage at Roskilde Festival in Roskilde, Denmark June 29, 2016. Scanpix Denmark/Torben Christensen/via REUTERS
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
By Joseph Ax
NEW YORK (Reuters) - More than 40 concertgoers were injured on Friday night when a railing collapsed at an amphitheater where rapper Snoop Dogg was performing in Camden, New Jersey, officials said.
One person sustained serious injuries and was in stable condition at a local hospital, according to Dan Keashen, a spokesman for Camden County. Others suffered broken bones and a variety of minor injuries.
A railing near the stage at the BB&T Pavilion collapsed around 10 p.m. in the middle of the concert, which featured Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa, causing the show to be stopped.
Social media video showed the rail falling forward beneath the weight of dozens of people, sending them crashing around 10 feet to the concrete below, as the rappers chanted, "Get up!" during the concert.
The indoor-outdoor venue, across the Delaware River from Philadelphia's Center City, has a capacity of 25,000, including indoors seating for 7,000.
The amphitheater's website still listed a concert scheduled for Saturday night featuring the rap group Salt-N-Pepa. Representatives for Live Nation Entertainment (NYSE: LYV), which operates the venue, did not respond to a request for comment on Saturday morning.
(Editing by Frank McGurty)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Sees Achievable Path to $1B+ in AOI for Live Nation (LYV); PT to $33
- Relatives of missing Flight MH370 passengers 'taking search into own hands'
- Grieving Brazilian town receives bodies of soccer crash victims
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!