Disney, Microsoft among possible Twitter suitors: reports
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
The entrance gate to The Walt Disney Co is pictured in Burbank, California February 5, 2014. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Twitter shares were marginally down at $23.33 in after-market trading.
The microblogging service has reportedly started talks with a number of technology companies to sell itself, including Google parent Alphabet Inc (NASDAQ: GOOGL) and may receive a formal bid soon. A source told Reuters that Salesforce.com Inc (NYSE: CRM) is also in pursuit.
Salesforce is working with Bank of America on a potential bid, a Bloomberg report on Monday said. (http://bloom.bg/2d0WfLi)
Walt Disney is also working with a financial adviser to evaluate a possible bid for Twitter, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter. (http://bloom.bg/2d0WfLi)
Jack Dorsey, who returned to Twitter as chief executive more than a year ago, has been a part of Disney's board since 2013.
Microsoft is also among the list of potential suitors, although Facebook Inc (NASDAQ: FB) is not likely to have an interest in the social network, CNBC said, citing sources, following the Bloomberg report. (http://cnb.cx/2d4j924)
A sale could occur in the next 30 to 45 days, CNBC reported.
"At this moment, Microsoft has nothing to share," said a spokeswoman for the company.
Facebook declined to comment on the matter while Twitter and Disney were not available for comment.
(Reporting by Anya George Tharakan and Narottam Medhora in Bengaluru; Additional reporting by Anet Josline Pinto; Editing by Shounak Dasgupta)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alphabet (GOOGL) Buys Twitter (TWTR) Unit Fabric
- Target names Rick Gomez as marketing chief
- China fourth-quarter GDP grows 6.8 percent, slightly better than expected, but debt risks loom
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesBank of America, Twitter
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!