Dialog Semi reviews guidance as Chinese holiday boosts third quarter sales
- Wall St. rises amid robust earnings, GDP data
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use: letter
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/28: (GRVY) (VRTS) (ITGR) Higher; (OPXA) (SNMX) (STON) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Dialog semiconductor logo is pictured at a company building in Germering near Munich, Germany August 15, 2016. REUTERS/Michaela Rehle
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Dialog Semiconductor (NASDAQ: DLGS), the maker of chips used in Apple and Samsung Electronics' smartphones, said it was reviewing its full-year guidance after a Chinese holiday helped bolster third-quarter sales.
Sales for the three months through September came to around $345 million, Dialog said late on Wednesday, up 40 percent from the second quarter and almost 5 percent above the year-earlier level, as orders for mobile chips were brought forward due to China's National Day holiday.
The news comes after a disappointing second quarter in which sales and operating profit dropped, prompting Dialog to cut its full-year sales guidance to forecast a drop by around 15 percent on softness in the smartphone market.
Dialog, which is due to publish full third-quarter financial results on Nov. 3, makes chips that manage power consumption of consumer electronic devices such as smartphones and tablet computers. Apple Inc (NASDAQ: AAPL) and Samsung Electronics <005930.KS> are among its main customers.
(Reporting by Maria Sheahan; Editing by Chris Reese)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Exclusive: Deutsche Bank among bidders for HSH Nordbank's debt portfolio
- Leerink Partners Cuts Price Target on Conmed (CNMD) to $43; Reiterates Market Perform
- Peapack-Gladstone Financial (PGC) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!