Deutsche Bank opens digital factory, hires 400 specialists
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
A logo of a branch of Germany's Deutsche Bank is seen in Cologne, Germany, July 18, 2016. REUTERS/Wolfgang Rattay/File Photo
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Deutsche Bank opened a center for software developers and IT and financial specialists in Frankfurt on Thursday, joining other lenders in developing products for digital banking.
Germany's biggest lender said the so-called digital factory brought together 400 technology and financial professionals from 14 countries. It plans to double staffing to 800 by 2018.
The aim of digital factories is to make internal financial processes faster, simpler and more secure, as well as to meet rising customer demand for products such as more flexible mobile payments and banking options.
"We don't want to be driven by digitalization; we want to be in the driver's seat," said Christian Sewing, Deutsche Bank's board member responsible for the endeavor.
The lender, which has similar tech centers in New York, London and Berlin, plans to invest 750 million euros ($842 million) in the effort through 2020, including 200 million in this year alone.
The bank is facing myriad problems, including fighting a $14 billion demand from the U.S. Department of Justice to settle claims it missold mortgage-backed securities, a shock bill that has raised questions about the lender's future.
A number of financial technology centers have opened in Frankfurt in recent months, including by Commerzbank and Deutsche Boerse.
(Reporting by Jonathan Gould; editing by Susan Thomas)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Qatar, Abu Dhabi, Chinese Investor Said Open to Deutsche Bank (DB) Stake - Manager Mag.
- For AT&T, Time Warner was always on the menu
- Berkshire Partners nears deal to acquire Masergy: sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!