Deutsche Bank in informal talks about raising capital: Bloomberg
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
The headquarters of Germany's largest business bank Deutsche Bank AG is pictured on a sunny day in Frankfurt, Germany, April 14, 2016. REUTERS/Kai Pfaffenbach
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Deutsche Bank AG
Senior advisers at top Wall Street firms are speaking to representatives of Deutsche Bank about ideas including a share sale and asset disposals, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the discussions. (http://bloom.bg/2dyvmuW)
The banks are offering to help underwrite a stock sale to raise about 5 billion euros ($5.6 billion), the maximum amount in discounted shares Deutsche Bank can sell without needing shareholder approval, Bloomberg said.
A spokeswoman for Deutsche Bank in New York declined to comment.
Bloomberg said Deutsche Bank could also go to shareholders to request approval for more funds.
The German lender is deliberating whether to sell the shares once it reaches a settlement with the U.S. Department of Justice on a probe tied to residential mortgage-backed securities, Bloomberg said.
No final decisions have been made and the bank could decide against a capital increase, Bloomberg reported.
Deutsche is fighting a fine of up to $14 billion from the U.S. Department of Justice.
The chief executives of several German blue-chip companies have discussed Deutsche Bank's problems and are ready to offer a capital injection if needed to shore up Germany's largest lender, German newspaper Handelsblatt reported earlier on Thursday, citing sources.
(Reporting by Ismail Shakil in Bengaluru; Editing by Grant McCool and Lisa Shumaker)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Qatar, Abu Dhabi, Chinese Investor Said Open to Deutsche Bank (DB) Stake - Manager Mag.
- JP Morgan Cazenove downgrades British equities, upgrades euro zone equities
- U.S. government, MetLife set for rematch over 'too big to fail'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!