Deutsche Bank confirms chairman Achleitner nomination
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
File photo of Paul Achleitner addressing the bank's annual general meeting in Frankfurt, Germany, May 19, 2016. REUTERS/Kai Pfaffenbach
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Deutsche Bank's
"It is true that Deutsche Bank's supervisory board has unanimously nominated Paul Achleitner for reelection at the annual general meeting in May 2017," the spokesman said.
The spokesman added that an internal investigation had also cleared Achleitner of wrongdoing in connection with the bank's alleged manipulation of interbank rates including Libor, which cost it a record $2.5 billion in fines from U.S. and British authorities.
A source close to the bank had already told Reuters on Sunday that Achleitner had been nominated.
Some major shareholders last week said had concerns about the nomination, although others said they supported it in light of the lender's poor earnings and faltering share price.
(Reporting by Kathrin Jones; Writing by Tina Bellon; Editing by Georgina Prodhan)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Dougherty & Co Starts CardioNet (BEAT) at Buy
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!