Deutsche Bank confirms chairman Achleitner nomination
- Wall Street turns defensive on Trump's protectionist stance
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- McDonald's (MCD) Tops Q4 EPS by 3c
File photo of Paul Achleitner addressing the bank's annual general meeting in Frankfurt, Germany, May 19, 2016. REUTERS/Kai Pfaffenbach
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Deutsche Bank's
"It is true that Deutsche Bank's supervisory board has unanimously nominated Paul Achleitner for reelection at the annual general meeting in May 2017," the spokesman said.
The spokesman added that an internal investigation had also cleared Achleitner of wrongdoing in connection with the bank's alleged manipulation of interbank rates including Libor, which cost it a record $2.5 billion in fines from U.S. and British authorities.
A source close to the bank had already told Reuters on Sunday that Achleitner had been nominated.
Some major shareholders last week said had concerns about the nomination, although others said they supported it in light of the lender's poor earnings and faltering share price.
(Reporting by Kathrin Jones; Writing by Tina Bellon; Editing by Georgina Prodhan)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Expect Google (GOOGL) To Post A Strong Topline Q4 Report - Goldman Sachs
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- Procter & Gamble (PG) PT Raised to $96 at UBS Following 2Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!