Denmark hopes to reach Europol membership deal soon: foreign minister
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - Denmark's foreign minister Kristian Jensen hopes to reach a deal with the European Commission within weeks that allows the country to remain within the European Union's cross-border police organisation Europol, he said on Twitter.
Danish broadcaster TV2 earlier reported that Jensen expected to close the deal within two weeks. He said on Twitter that he only "hoped" to close the deal within "some weeks".
Danes last December rejected a government proposal for new laws needed to keep the country inside the European police agency.
(Reporting by Teis Jensen; editing by John Stonestreet)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowboys Elliott seeks 'closure' on domestic violence probe
- Canada's Trudeau faces ethics probe over Bahamas trip
- Poroshenko says Ukrainians at risk of losing faith in EU path
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!