Daimler reviews supplier ties in wake of crippling VW spat
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Daimler board members sit on the podium during the company's annual news conference in Stuttgart, Germany, February 4, 2016. REUTERS/Michaela Rehle/File photo
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BERLIN (Reuters) - Daimler
A dispute between VW and one of its suppliers led to production slowdowns at six Volkswagen plants last month, highlighting how vulnerable modern car production systems are to stoppages.
"You of course take an example like this to take precautions to minimize risks like this and ideally to rule them out," Daimler's Zetsche said at a roundtable event in Berlin.
"That is why we reviewed existing measures, and intensified them in some cases, to avoid such a situation from arising," Zetsche said, without elaborating further.
(Reporting by Irene Preisinger, writing by Edward Taylor; Editing by Susan Fenton)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Regulatory crackdown fails to deter M&A leaks globally, survey shows
- Brazil police separate gangs in prison where 26 killed
- Boston entrepreneur gets 20 months in prison for insider trading
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!