Daimler reviews supplier ties in wake of crippling VW spat
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Daimler board members sit on the podium during the company's annual news conference in Stuttgart, Germany, February 4, 2016. REUTERS/Michaela Rehle/File photo
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BERLIN (Reuters) - Daimler
A dispute between VW and one of its suppliers led to production slowdowns at six Volkswagen plants last month, highlighting how vulnerable modern car production systems are to stoppages.
"You of course take an example like this to take precautions to minimize risks like this and ideally to rule them out," Daimler's Zetsche said at a roundtable event in Berlin.
"That is why we reviewed existing measures, and intensified them in some cases, to avoid such a situation from arising," Zetsche said, without elaborating further.
(Reporting by Irene Preisinger, writing by Edward Taylor; Editing by Susan Fenton)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Egyptians losing patience with Sisi as economy deteriorates
- Turkey's ruling party has completed proposal on presidency, PM says
- Door to Lebanese presidency 'wide open', will vote for Aoun: Hezbollah
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!