Credit Suisse says to sell client relationships to Bank CIC
- Oil steadies on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Dollar edges up vs yen as traders eye ECB meeting for cues
- Mondelez Int'l (MDLZ) Seen as Kraft Heinz's (KHC) Next Logical Takeover Target - Credit Suisse
- Foxconn says in preliminary discussions to expand U.S. operations
The logo of Swiss bank Credit Suisse is seen at its headquarters at the Paradeplatz in Zurich, Switzerland November 3, 2016. REUTERS/Arnd Wiegmann
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
ZURICH (Reuters) - Credit Suisse has agreed to sell an unspecified number of client relationships to Credit Mutuel-owned [BFCM.UL] Bank CIC (Switzerland), a spokeswoman for Credit Suisse told Reuters on Thursday.
The sale is part of a scaling-back by Credit Suisse of its client book amid rising regulatory requirements and increasing costs of banking cross-border clients.
"Credit Suisse has been aligning its service offering to focus on the markets and client segments where we can offer a competitive advantage and see most growth potential," the spokeswoman said in an emailed statement.
The Zurich-based bank gave no further details.
It is the latest private banking divestiture by Switzerland's second biggest lender, which sold its businesses in Monaco and Gibraltar to J. Safra Sarasin, and also awarded Wells Fargo & Co the exclusive right to recruit Credit Suisse brokers in the United States.
Earlier on Thursday, Credit Suisse reported an unexpected net profit for a second quarter in a row though the surprise was largely down to real estate sales and Chief Executive Tidjane Thiam cautioned the outlook remained challenging.
(Reporting by Oliver Hirt; Writing by Joshua Franklin; Editing by Alexandra Hudson)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Devon Energy Announces Tender Offers for up to $1 Billion Aggregate Purchase Price for Certain Outstanding Debt Securities
- Atkore International Group Inc. Announces Launch of Secondary Public Offering of Common Stock
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!