Credit Suisse places five employees on leave over tax probe
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
The logo of Swiss bank Credit Suisse is seen at a branch office in Zurich, Switzerland July 28, 2016. REUTERS/Arnd Wiegmann/File Photo
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
ZURICH (Reuters) - Credit Suisse
Swiss newspaper SonntagsZeitung reported earlier the bank's action was in connection with a U.S. investigation into Credit Suisse's Israeli unit over possible tax evasion.
"Credit Suisse is carrying out an internal investigation relating to tax matters," the bank said in a statement. "The review is focusing on employee conduct."
Media reports first surfaced in June that the U.S. Department of Justice was conducting a probe to determine whether Credit Suisse employees in Israel helped dual Israeli and U.S. citizens to evade American taxes.
Credit Suisse did not comment on further details of the investigation.
(Reporting by Brenna Hughes Neghaiwi; editing by Clelia Oziel)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Floods kill at least 13 people in central Vietnam
- Australian PM says he's confident Trump won't pull out of U.S. refugee deal
- Pentagon arms buyer 'hopeful' that Lockheed F-35 block buy will proceed
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!