Credit Suisse CEO says bank does not need to raise capital: Bloomberg
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
CEO Tidjane Thiam (R) of Swiss bank Credit Suisse awaits a news conference to present the bank's halfyear results in Zurich, Switzerland July 28, 2016. REUTERS/Arnd Wiegmann
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - Swiss bank Credit Suisse AG
Thiam said there was no need for consolidation with other European banks as it would be difficult in "this new environment".
Citing strong organic growth, Thiam said Credit Suisse would not need to buy another bank.
The bank's shares were down 48.8 percent this year up to Monday's close.
(Reporting by Shalini Nagarajan in Bengaluru; Editing by Sunil Nair)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ZTO Express (ZTO) IPO Opens Lower
- Uber sees flying commuters in 10 years
- Obama rallies Obamacare troops at 'critical time' for program
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesCredit Suisse
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!