Court hearing on Vivendi stake seizure postponed to Nov. 23: source
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
The Vivendi logo is pictured at the main entrance of the entertainment-to-telecoms conglomerate headquarters in Paris, March 10, 2016. REUTERS/Charles Platiau/File Photo
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
MILAN (Reuters) - The first court hearing to decide on a request by Italy's Mediaset (NYSE: MS) to seize a 3.5 percent stake in Vivendi (NYSE: VIV) in a pay-TV dispute has been postponed to Nov. 23, a source close to the matter told Reuters on Friday.
The hearing was originally set for November 8.
In October the Italian broadcaster filed the request with a Milan-based court as it accused the French media group of reneging an April agreement to buy its pay-TV unit Premium.
Under the share-swap deal Vivendi would acquire full ownership of Premium and the two groups would get a 3.5 percent stake in each other.
The two groups have been feuding since July when Vivendi said it would back out of the accord on the basis that Premium's financial forecasts had changed.
(Reporting by Claudia Cristoferi, writing by Giulia Segreti)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Eli Lilly (LLY) to Acquire CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) for $960M
- Fifth Third Bank (FITB) to Acquire The Retirement Corporation of America; Terms Not Disclosed
- UniPixel (UNXL) Reports MOU for Strategic Partnership with General Interface Solution
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!