China services sector growth accelerates in November
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
An employee works at a JD.com logistics centre in Langfang, Hebei province, November 10, 2015. REUTERS/Jason Lee/File Photo
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BEIJING (Reuters) - Growth in China's services sector accelerated in November at a faster pace than in the previous month, an official survey showed on Thursday.
The official non-manufacturing Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) stood at 54.7 in November, compared with the previous month's reading of 54.0 and well above the 50-point mark that separates growth from contraction on a monthly basis.
China is counting on growth in services to offset persistent weakness in exports that is dragging on the world's second-largest economy.
The economy expanded at a steady 6.7 percent in the third quarter and looks set to hit Beijing's full-year target, fueled by stronger government spending, record bank lending and a red-hot property market that are adding to its growing pile of debt.
(Reporting by Beijing Monitoring Desk; Editing by Kim Coghill)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Threat called in against Los Angeles Red Line commuter rail system: officials
- Cosby's testimony can be used against him at criminal trial: judge
- Prosecutor in accused New York bomber's case discloses probe of others
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!