China says will step up proactive fiscal policy efforts, encourage credit support
- Oil steady around $50 on doubts over OPEC output cuts
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- Universal Health (UHS) Disputes and Denies Conclusions in BuzzFeed Article
- Perrigo (PRGO) to Restructure BCH Omega Pharma Belgium Business; Will Terminate EuroGenerics Agreement
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BEIJING (Reuters) - China will step up proactive fiscal policy efforts now that commodity prices are relatively low, the State Council, or cabinet, said in a notice published on its website on Tuesday.
The notice is a summary of a routine State Council meeting held by China's Premier Li Keqiang on Monday.
The State Council also said it would encourage China's policy banks to step up credit support.
It reaffirmed that China would actively reduce overcapacity and further liberalize infrastructure investment, meaning a further opening up to private investment.
(Reporting by Yawen Chen and Nicholas Heath; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- China imposes hefty fines for fake or harmful news in Xinjiang
- Japan's Abe may not be first sitting PM to visit Pearl Harbor: spokesman
- EU launches legal case against Germany, UK over Volkswagen scandal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!