China says will step up proactive fiscal policy efforts, encourage credit support
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BEIJING (Reuters) - China will step up proactive fiscal policy efforts now that commodity prices are relatively low, the State Council, or cabinet, said in a notice published on its website on Tuesday.
The notice is a summary of a routine State Council meeting held by China's Premier Li Keqiang on Monday.
The State Council also said it would encourage China's policy banks to step up credit support.
It reaffirmed that China would actively reduce overcapacity and further liberalize infrastructure investment, meaning a further opening up to private investment.
(Reporting by Yawen Chen and Nicholas Heath; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- China's richest man says earmarks $5 billion-$10 billion a year for outbound investment
- Ukraine hopes for U.S. support under Trump, IMF cash in early Feb: finmin
- Three arrested near North Dakota pipeline protest site
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!