China says expects UK and EU to strike a good Brexit deal
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
LONDON (Reuters) - China expects Brexit negotiations between Britain and the European Union will produce a favorable outcome, Vice Finance Minister Shi Yaobin said on Thursday.
"The EU and UK are both very important trading partners ... for China. We hope (they) conduct smooth and successful negotiations which reach the kind of arrangement which is mutually agreeable and mutually beneficial," Shi told a news conference in London, through a translator.
"We ourselves expect to see that the negotiations produce a very stable and very good outcome for EU and UK. That's what we want to see."
(Reporting by William James, writing by Andy Bruce; editing by Stephen Addison)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Motors to announce $1 billion in U.S. investment
- Asia stocks and pound weak, brace for May's speech on Brexit stance
- Top German court to rule on far-right NPD ban
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!