China says expects UK and EU to strike a good Brexit deal
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
LONDON (Reuters) - China expects Brexit negotiations between Britain and the European Union will produce a favorable outcome, Vice Finance Minister Shi Yaobin said on Thursday.
"The EU and UK are both very important trading partners ... for China. We hope (they) conduct smooth and successful negotiations which reach the kind of arrangement which is mutually agreeable and mutually beneficial," Shi told a news conference in London, through a translator.
"We ourselves expect to see that the negotiations produce a very stable and very good outcome for EU and UK. That's what we want to see."
(Reporting by William James, writing by Andy Bruce; editing by Stephen Addison)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- White House voices concerns about China cyber law
- South Korea's President Park faces historic impeachment vote
- NYC shelter 'clusters' questioned after homeless toddler deaths
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!