China invests 500 million yuan in public-private partnerships: Xinhua
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BEIJING (Reuters) - China has given out 500 million yuan in subsidies this year to support public-private partnerships (PPP), the official Xinhua news agency said on Wednesday, citing the state's top planning body.
The National Development and Reform Commission said the funding supported 703 PPP projects totaling 1.2 trillion yuan, Xinhua said, and included investments in energy, transportation, water conservation and environmental protection.
China's government is keen to lure private capital to infrastructure projects to alleviate the debt burden of local authorities, and has promised policies to support PPPs.
(Reporting by Sue-Lin Wong; Editing by Vyas Mohan)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Japan's big manufacturers' mood improves as companies cut capex
- U.S. advises Congress of possible military sales to UAE, Saudi, Qatar
- 'Pissed off' Belgian prince faces dressing down by PM
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!