China foreign minister says ready to improve U.S. relations
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi attends a news conference after talks with New Zealand's Foreign Minister Murray McCully (not pictured) in Beijing, China, October 18, 2016. REUTERS/Thomas Peter
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - China is ready to improve relations with the United States following the election of Donald Trump as the next U.S. president, Chinese foreign minister Wang Yi said on Sunday.
"We want to improve our relations under the Trump administration," Wang said through a translator at a joint news conference with his Turkish counterpart in Ankara, where he was on an official visit.
"We are ready to improve U.S. ties through mutual understanding."
Trump has taken a tough stance on China in the run-up to the election, saying that unfair trade deals with Beijing had caused a widespread decline in American manufacturing and economic prowess.
(Reporting by Ece Toksabay; Writing by David Dolan; Editing by Alexandra Hudson)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mexico cenbank flags potential risks to growth from U.S. policy
- Trump’s new EPA transition team draws from oil industry groups
- Exclusive: UK's Guardian could go tabloid, switch to rival's presses - sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDonald J. Trump
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!