China confident of hitting 3 percent consumer inflation target in 2016: planner
- Wall St dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
A view shows people visiting different booths at the Guandong Import and Export Fair in Guangzhou, Guangdong province May 4, 2014. REUTERS/Alex Lee/File Photo
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BEIJING (Reuters) - China is confident of reaching its official consumer inflation target of around 3 percent this year, the country's top economic planner said on Tuesday.
The National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) said in an online statement that the average growth of consumer inflation in the second half of 2016 will ease from the first six months.
It added that declines in the producer price index (PPI) will also ease in the second half of this year.
The consumer price index (CPI) rose 1.8 percent in July from a year earlier, compared with a 1.9 percent increase in June, and matching this year's low hit in January.
The producer price index (PPI) fell 1.7 percent in July from a year ago, smaller than June's 2.6 percent decline.
(Reporting By Beijing Monitoring Desk; Editing by Kim Coghill)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. military denies coordinating Syria air strikes with Russia
- Trump makes early move on restricting abortions around the world
- Italy's Generali buys three percent of Italian bank Intesa in defensive move
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!