China confident of hitting 3 percent consumer inflation target in 2016: planner
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
A view shows people visiting different booths at the Guandong Import and Export Fair in Guangzhou, Guangdong province May 4, 2014. REUTERS/Alex Lee/File Photo
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BEIJING (Reuters) - China is confident of reaching its official consumer inflation target of around 3 percent this year, the country's top economic planner said on Tuesday.
The National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) said in an online statement that the average growth of consumer inflation in the second half of 2016 will ease from the first six months.
It added that declines in the producer price index (PPI) will also ease in the second half of this year.
The consumer price index (CPI) rose 1.8 percent in July from a year earlier, compared with a 1.9 percent increase in June, and matching this year's low hit in January.
The producer price index (PPI) fell 1.7 percent in July from a year ago, smaller than June's 2.6 percent decline.
(Reporting By Beijing Monitoring Desk; Editing by Kim Coghill)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- About 40 cars in pile-up on snowy highway near Detroit
- Cadillac disavows casting call for 'neo-Nazi' character in brand ad
- At least 10 killed by collapse of church in southern Nigeria: resident
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!