ChemChina seeks EU okay for Syngenta deal, decision due October 28
- Wall Street falls ahead of inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- Synergy Pharma (SGYP) Trulance (Plecanatide) Approved by FDA
A Syngenta logo is pictured in their office in Singapore, February 12, 2016. REUTERS/Edgar Su/File Photo
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - China National Chemical Corp (ChemChina) [CNNCC.UL] has sought antitrust approval for its $43 billion bid for Swiss pesticides and seeds group Syngenta
State-owned ChemChina filed its request on Sept. 23, the European Commission's website showed on Monday.
The EU competition enforcer can either clear the deal, with or without concessions, or it can open a full investigation if it has serious concerns that ChemChina's takeover of the world's largest pesticides maker could harm customers and rivals.
ChemChina cleared one of the biggest hurdles last month when a U.S. national security panel approved what would be the largest foreign acquisition by a Chinese company.
The deal is one of several in the agrochemicals sector, including the planned $130 billion merger of Dow Chemical (NYSE: DOW) and DuPont (NYSE: DD), Bayer's
(Reporting by Foo Yun Chee; editing by David Clarke)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Eli Lilly (LLY) to Acquire CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) for $960M
- Intricon Corporation (IIN) Exercises Option to Acquire Remaining 80% Stake in Hearing Help Express
- Bats Global Market (BATS) Stockholders Approve Merger Agreement with CBOE (CBOE)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!