Canada's Bell announces public offering of C$1.5 billion of medium term notes
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
A woman uses a mobile device while walking past a Bell payphone in Ottawa February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Chris Wattie
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Reuters) - Bell Canada, Canada's largest telecommunications company, announced on Tuesday a public offering of C$1.5 billion of medium term notes (MTN) debentures in two series.
The net proceeds of the offering are to be used to fund parent company BCE Inc's (NYSE: BCE) acquisition of data center operator Q9 Networks Inc and for general corporate purposes.
The telecom company will use the money to finance its latest spending to shore up its internet business, whether acquiring data centers or laying fiber-optic cables. It compares to ultra-low returns at the bank, and dismal or risky stock returns.
The $850 million 2 percent MTN debentures will mature on October 1, 2021, and will be issued at a price of C$99.804 per $100 principal amount.
The $650 million 2.9 percent MTN debentures, will mature on August 12, 2026, and will be issued at a price of C$99.733 per $100 principal amount.
"With this transaction, we are pleased to have secured significant debt capital at what is the all-time lowest financing rate ever achieved by Bell Canada on any MTN debenture issuance," said Glen LeBlanc, Chief Financial Officer for Bell Canada and BCE Inc, said in a statement.
(Reporting by Anya George Tharakan in Bengaluru; Editing by Sunil Nair)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bats Global Market (BATS) Stockholders Approve Merger Agreement with CBOE (CBOE)
- Dakota Access company files motion to halt environmental study
- At least four killed in gunfight in Mexico's Cancun
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!