Canada finance minister to make announcement on Monday: office
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Canada's Finance Minister Bill Morneau prepares to testify before the House of Commons finance committee on Parliament Hill in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, September 19, 2016. REUTERS/Chris Wattie
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
TORONTO (Reuters) - Canadian Finance Minister Bill Morneau has scheduled an announcement on Monday, his office said on Sunday, without disclosing further details.
Morneau, who is traveling the country for consultations on next year's budget, will make the announcement at 11:15 a.m. (1515 GMT) in Toronto, according to a department advisory. It will be followed by a background briefing for media.
On Monday, Morneau said Canadian economic growth this year was less than the government initially expected, in a sign Ottawa could run budget deficits for longer than planned.
(Writing by Amran Abocar; Editing by Peter Cooney)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Emirates to start Dubai-Athens-Newark flights, likely to irk U.S. carriers
- JP Morgan sees U.S. telecom sector consolidation, T-Mobile deal
- Socialist rebel and ex-PM Valls head for runoff in presidential primary
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!