Canada PM Trudeau: 'We have real challenges in the economy'
- S&P, Nasdaq hit highs on gains in health, tech stocks
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Sibanye Gold (SBGL) to Acquire Stillwater Mining Company (SWC) in $2.2B Deal
- Exclusive: ECB rejects Monte Paschi's request for more time to raise cash - source
Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau takes part in a news conference in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, June 22, 2016. REUTERS/Chris Wattie
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Reuters) - The Canadian economy is facing real challenges, in part because it is so dependent on trade, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau told a televised news conference on Friday.
"We know we have real challenges in the economy," he said. Trudeau did not answer directly when asked whether his government would be able to stick to its plan to limit the 2016/17 budget deficit to C$29.4 billion ($22.6 billion).
(Reporting by David Ljunggren; Editing by Phil Berlowitz)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- One-time Trump adviser Page sees opportunities in Russia
- Suicide bombs kill 30 in northeast Nigerian town: army spokesman
- Negligence trial in France casts shadow over IMF's Lagarde
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!