Canada PM Trudeau: 'We have real challenges in the economy'
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau takes part in a news conference in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, June 22, 2016. REUTERS/Chris Wattie
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - The Canadian economy is facing real challenges, in part because it is so dependent on trade, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau told a televised news conference on Friday.
"We know we have real challenges in the economy," he said. Trudeau did not answer directly when asked whether his government would be able to stick to its plan to limit the 2016/17 budget deficit to C$29.4 billion ($22.6 billion).
(Reporting by David Ljunggren; Editing by Phil Berlowitz)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Toshiba shares slump on reports of U.S. nuclear business loss
- UK house price growth slows for first time since July: RICS
- NBCU shutting cable's Esquire Network, re-launching as digital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!