CVS Health to cut about 600 jobs over next two months
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
People walk outside a CVS store in Pasadena, California, August 3, 2015. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni/File Photo
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - CVS Health Corp (NYSE: CVS) said it would cut about 600 jobs, mostly at its corporate offices in Rhode Island, Illinois and Arizona over the next two months, citing an increasingly competitive environment.
The drugstore chain operator, which is expected to report third-quarter results next week, employs more than 240,000 people in the United States.
Employees being affected will be allowed to apply for other positions in the company, the company said in a statement.
(Reporting by Nikhil Subba in Bengaluru)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks with Implied Volatility Movement
- Wells Fargo picks four directors for sales scandal probe: source
- Japan doubles Fukushima disaster-related cost to $188 billion
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!