CVS Health to cut about 600 jobs over next two months
- Futures fall on Brexit worries, Trump's dollar comments
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
People walk outside a CVS store in Pasadena, California, August 3, 2015. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni/File Photo
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - CVS Health Corp (NYSE: CVS) said it would cut about 600 jobs, mostly at its corporate offices in Rhode Island, Illinois and Arizona over the next two months, citing an increasingly competitive environment.
The drugstore chain operator, which is expected to report third-quarter results next week, employs more than 240,000 people in the United States.
Employees being affected will be allowed to apply for other positions in the company, the company said in a statement.
(Reporting by Nikhil Subba in Bengaluru)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brazil to intervene in Oi bankruptcy if talks fail: paper
- Despite Dimon's criticism, JPMorgan funds closely track ISS on executive pay
- Audi to expand electric car range in China with FAW
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!