CJ Group pulls out of race for McDonald's South Korea operations
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
The McDonald's logo is seen in Tbilisi, Georgia, June 8, 2016. REUTERS/David Mdzinarishvili
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean food-to-entertainment conglomerate CJ Group <001040.KS> on Tuesday said it did not enter the latest round of bidding for McDonald's Corp's (NYSE: MCD) South Korean operations.
A consortium with Maeil Dairy Industry Co Ltd <005990.KQ> and another group with KG Group and NHN Entertainment Corp <181710.KS> entered binding bids last week, M&A media Market Insight reported on Monday, citing investment banking sources.
A Maeil spokesman declined to comment. A KG Group spokesman could not be reached. A NHN spokesman said KG Group was the bidding party, and NHN is expected to only invest funds.
(Reporting by Joyce Lee)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- McDonald's (MCD) Director Walter Massey to Retire
- Country star Garth Brooks in talks for Trump inaugural celebrations
- Coal CEO pressing Trump to speak up for miners' benefits