CJ Group pulls out of race for McDonald's South Korea operations
- Wall Street drops as investors brace for presidential debate
- Disney (DIS) Working with Adviser on Potential Twitter (TWTR) Bid - Bloomberg
- Rice Energy (RICE) Acquires Vantage Energy in $2.7B Deal; FY16 Outlook Updated
- Kite Pharma (KITE) Announces Positive Topline Data from KTE-C19 ZUMA-1 Study in Aggressive NHL
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/26: (KITE) (SNX) (ARRY) Higher; (SXL) (NAT) (RICE) Lower (more...)
The McDonald's logo is seen in Tbilisi, Georgia, June 8, 2016. REUTERS/David Mdzinarishvili
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean food-to-entertainment conglomerate CJ Group <001040.KS> on Tuesday said it did not enter the latest round of bidding for McDonald's Corp's (NYSE: MCD) South Korean operations.
A consortium with Maeil Dairy Industry Co Ltd <005990.KQ> and another group with KG Group and NHN Entertainment Corp <181710.KS> entered binding bids last week, M&A media Market Insight reported on Monday, citing investment banking sources.
A Maeil spokesman declined to comment. A KG Group spokesman could not be reached. A NHN spokesman said KG Group was the bidding party, and NHN is expected to only invest funds.
(Reporting by Joyce Lee)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Florida woman sentenced to prison for exporting technology to China
- High stakes for India's $84 billion airwave auction after Vodafone play
- Job ads show Uber expanding meal deliveries in 24 countries
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!