CITIC Bank president says CTBC deal cancellation due to commercial reasons
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall St, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
A man stands in front of CITIC bank's branch in Beijing, China, in this March 23, 2016 file photo. REUTERS/Kim Kyung/File Photo
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
BEIJING (Reuters) - The cancellation of investment deals between China CITIC Bank Corp Ltd <601998.SS> <0998.HK> and Taiwan's CTBC Financial Holdings <2891.TW> was mainly due to financial regulation and commercial reasons and had nothing to do with politics, the president of the mainland bank said on Friday.
Neither side could find an agreement after two years of discussions, Sun Deshun told a press conference in Beijing.
The two sides had earlier announced in separate statements they had agreed to end the contract signed more than a year earlier. [nL3N1B7167]
(Reporting by Shu Zhang and Beijing Newsroom; Editing by Muralikumar Anantharaman)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bunkers and booby-traps as Islamic State makes a stand in Libya
- AT&T in advanced talks to buy Time Warner: WSJ
- Honeywell cut 3,017 jobs in third quarter
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!