British talks with Nissan ongoing over future investment: PM's spokesman
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
A Nissan logo at a car dealership in Sunderland, Britain June 29, 2016. Picture taken June 29, 2016. REUTERS/Andrew Yates
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
LONDON (Reuters) - Talks between the British government and Nissan <7201.T> are ongoing over a future investment from the Japanese carmaker into its plant in Sunderland, northeast England, a spokesman for Prime Minister Theresa May said on Friday.
Nissan will decide next month whether to produce its new Qashqai SUV at its British plant or elsewhere in the first major investment decision affecting Britain's auto sector since Brexit, Chief Executive Carlos Ghosn said on Friday.
"As you saw relatively recently the prime minister had a very productive conversation with the president of Nissan and obviously the dialogue between government and Nissan is ongoing," May's spokesman told reporters.
(Reporting by William James, writing by Kate Holton; editing by Stephen Addison)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sterling at three-month low, braces for May's Brexit speech
- Costa Rica sues Nicaragua over alleged territory violation
- Canada's Trudeau faces ethics probe over Bahamas trip
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!