British property website Zoopla sees earnings at top end of range
- Wall St. set to open lower, weighed down by GE
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
- Oil rises on Russia's output freeze commitment
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
LONDON (Reuters) - Property website Zoopla said annual earnings would hit the top end of forecasts, boosted by a higher number of property listings and growth in its price comparison service, confounding predictions that Brexit would freeze the market.
Zoopla's positive update matched the confident outlooks from British house builders Barratt Developments and Redrow in recent days.
Housing market strength was also apparent in data from the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors which said on Thursday that its monthly house price index jumped to +12 in August from July's three-year low of +5, the first rise in six months.
For the year to Sept. 30, Zoopla said its core earnings (EBITDA) would be at the top end of a 69 million pounds ($92 million) to 76 million pound range from a poll of analysts.
(Reporting by Sarah Young; editing by Kate Holton)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- McDonald's (MCD) Q3 Revenue, Comps Top Views
- Beneficial Mutual Bancorp (BNCL) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c
- U.S. web provider says probing East Coast internet outages
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!