Britain will regain sovereignty without delay: Brexit minister
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- SAP (SAP) Q4 IFRS Revenues Rises 7%, Boosts 2020 Outlook
- Oppenheimer Downgrades Energous Corp (WATT) to Perform
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain will leave the European Union and restore its sovereignty, the minister responsible for negotiating Britain's exit from the European Union said on Monday, vowing there would be no delay and no second referendum.
"As the prime minister has made clear, there will be no attempt to stay in the EU by the back door," David Davis told parliament.
"No attempt to delay, frustrate or thwart the will of the British people. No attempt to engineer a second referendum because some people didn't like the first answer."
Davis also said the government was firm that it wanted to have the "freest possible trading relationship" with the EU while controlling immigration into Britain.
(Reporting by Elizabeth Piper and Kylie MacLellan; editing by William Schomberg)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- DuPont reports quarterly profit vs. year-earlier loss
- Britain's Brexit plans unlikely to be slowed by Article 50 defeat
- China jails two over vaccine scandal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!