Britain says case of detained aid worker in Iran an 'utmost priority'
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain is working to resolve the case of detained Iranian-British aid worker Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, foreign minister Boris Johnson said on Tuesday.
Zaghari-Ratcliffe was sentenced to five years in prison in Iran on charges that remain secret, her family said in September.
"The Foreign Office is in regular contact with the Iranian government at all levels," Johnson told parliament. "It remains a matter that is of the utmost priority for this government and we are doing our level best to resolve it."
Zaghari-Ratcliffe works for the Thomson Reuters Foundation, a London-based charity that is independent of Thomson Reuters and operates independently of Reuters News.
Iran's hardline Revolutionary Guards have accused her of trying to overthrow the country's clerical establishment. The Thomson Reuters Foundation and her husband have dismissed the Revolutionary Guards' accusation.
(Reporting by Elizabeth Piper; writing by William James; Editing by Guy Faulconbridge)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Russia expects dialogue with Trump on nuclear weapons: Lavrov
- China tightens party loyalty requirements in sensitive year
- GM's Cadillac sees double-digit sales growth in China this year
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!