Britain leaving EU internal market would hit City of London: EU's Dombrovskis
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
BERLIN (Reuters) - European Commission Vice President Valdis Dombrovskis said in a newspaper interview published on Thursday that if Britain decided to leave the European internal market, it would hit the City of London hard.
"If (the British government) decides to leave the European internal market as well as the European Union, it would have serious effects for the City of London," he told German newspaper Handelsblatt.
"At the moment British banks only need a license for one EU state to be able to be active in all member countries. The banks would lose this EU passport if Britain no longer wants to completely respect the rights and duties of the European internal market after it has left the EU," Dombrovskis said.
(Reporting by Michelle Martin and Madeline Chambers)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fate of child migrants uncertain before France demolishes Jungle camp
- Rockwell Collins buys B/E Aerospace for $62 per share
- Door to Lebanese presidency 'wide open', will vote for Aoun: Hezbollah
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!