Britain considering all options for Brexit talks: May's spokeswoman
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
EU and British flags are adjusted before the EU summit in Brussels, Belgium, June 28, 2016. REUTERS/Francois Lenoir/File Photo
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
LONDON (Reuters) - Britain is considering a whole range of options before it launches divorce talks with the European Union, a spokeswoman for Theresa May said on Monday when asked whether the prime minister was considering a transitional deal.
Earlier, May said she was aware that business leaders are concerned that Britain could drop off a "cliff-edge" into uncertain trading conditions when the up to two years of formal divorce talks end.
"There are a whole range of issues that are being worked through as we prepare for the negotiations, with a focus of looking at how we get the best deal for the UK," the spokeswoman told reporters.
She also said the government had already outlined measures to cut corporation tax to 17 percent by 2020 and described any talk of further cuts as "speculative".
(Reporting by Kylie MacLellan, writing by Elizabeth Piper; editing by Stephen Addison)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Greeks strike against austerity before budget vote, bailout review
- Eyeing upswing, more U.S. oilfield service firms restructure
- Quake of magnitude 6.2 strikes China's Xinjiang, no reports of casualties
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!