Boy, 12, nabbed for suspected drunken driving in Austin, Texas
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - A 12-year-old Texas boy driving a car rammed into a pickup truck and a utility pole as he tried to evade police before his vehicle tipped over and he was taken into custody on suspicion of driving while intoxicated, authorities said.
A police officer saw the boy weaving in and out of traffic in Austin, the Texas capital, and pursued him. The boy, who was not identified, faces a variety of charges, including evading police.
He was taken to an area hospital with minor injuries. Police did not provide details on the condition of the two people in the pickup truck he allegedly hit.
"We didn't know until after the crash that it was a 12-year-old driving the vehicle," Austin police said.
(Reporting by Jon Herskovitz; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Romania elects new parliament, leftists ahead in polls
- UK government facing new Brexit court case - Sunday Times
- South Korea says Park impeachment could worsen sentiment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!