Bomb hits military vehicle in Turkey's southeast: security sources
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
DIYARBAKIR, Turkey (Reuters) - A blast from a roadside bomb hit a passing military vehicle near the southeastern Turkish city of Diyarbakir on Friday and the Kurdish militant PKK was suspected to be behind the attack, security sources said.
At least one soldier was wounded, Dogan news agency reported. Turkey's mainly Kurdish southeast has been hit with waves of violence following the collapse last year of a ceasefire between the state and the outlawed Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK).
The explosion followed violence elsewhere in Turkey's southeast on Friday that left five security personnel and 20 Kurdish militants dead.
(Writing by Can Sezer and Ece Toksabay; Editing by Edmund Blair and David Dolan)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ECB's QE will not last forever: Coeure
- Sanofi's M&A misses frustrate some investors in drugmaker
- Freed Myanmar farmers renew fight against army over land
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!