Bolivia says cannot confirm reports of minister death
- Wall St. touches two-week high on deals, strong earnings
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
LA PAZ (Reuters) - Bolivia's state prosecutor said on Thursday that he could not confirm or rule out media reports that Bolivian Deputy Interior Minister Rodolfo Illanes had been killed by striking mineworkers.
He said officials were investigating and that a government minister would speak to the press shortly.
Local media reported on Thursday that Illanes have been beaten to death, citing a radio station director who said he saw his body. The government said earlier that Illanes had been kidnapped by striking miners.
(Reporting by Daniel Ramos; Editing by Sandra Maler)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- First task for Spain's new government: clear the inbox from hell
- Pakistan says won't allow opposition protest to shut down Islamabad
- Fed's Bullard says one rate increase is all that's needed for now
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!