Blast in Turkey's largest southeastern city wounds 6 people - TV
- Wall St. edges higher as earnings kick into high gear
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/24: (MPSX) (IIVI) (AKS) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (VZ) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Six people were wounded in a large explosion on Friday in a central district in the city of Diyarbakir in Turkey's mainly Kurdish southeast, broadcaster NTV reported.
It was not immediately clear what caused the blast, which was heard around the city, witnesses said.
The explosion occurred just hours after police raided the homes and detained 11 lawmakers in parliament's pro-Kurdish Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP).
(Reporting by Ayla Jean Yackley; Editing by Humeyra Pamuk)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Exclusive: Italian prosecutors launch probe into BT's local unit - sources
- Courting of EU on trade grows as U.S. withdraws: EU trade chief
- Gun rights activists sue Massachusetts over assault weapons ban
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesReuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!